Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Group Therapy Post # 4

I'm at my Family Doctor's office for a follow up appointment. Sitting here staring at the ugly pink walls, waiting for my name to be called. It's been a crazy couple of days. Going on Short Term Disability, going for an assessment at the Psychiatry clinic. How did my life get here? Is my life ever going to be a happy one? I'm so tired of feeling like this, sometimes I wish I wouldn't wake up.

Jared! I jump up startled, I was so deep in thought, my name being called startled me. I follow the nurse into the room and she tells me to have a seat, she closes the door behind me. I wait, and wait and wait, and wait some more. He's really going to keep me waiting this long? I am having mental health issues, you don't want to piss off the crazy person. I laugh to myself, this is how I normally deal with things, make a joke, make light of it. My doctor finally walks in, he asks me how I'm doing. Really, how am I doing? My hair is a mess, I haven't shaved, I'm doing wonderful! I respond, still feeling depressed. He asks me how my appointment at the Psychiatry clinic went. I tell him that they told me I have major depression and that they have a program called Evening Treatment Program, it's a group therapy program. He says that sounds good and that should help me. He lets me know my insurance company sent more forms over to be filled out. Of course they did. We go through the forms together and he has his staff fax them over. I say to him, oh I forgot to tell you, they increased my dosage of Zoloft from 50 mg to 100 mg, hopefully that will help me feel better in the meantime. He responds, I hope it does. I go home and sleep for several hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment