Friday, December 14, 2012

I was diagnosed with.....

Asthma. This past Tuesday I had my doctor's appointment. He referred me to the Lung Clinic to have a Pulmonary Lung Functioning test. Surprisingly I got a call the very next day from the Lung Clinic, they were able to get me in for six p.m. I arrived for 6 pm and was taken to a glass chamber. It was very creepy. The technician went over the equipment and the tests we would be doing. I had to do several different types of breathing tests. After the breathing tests, I felt dizzy and very tired. I went home and slept.

The next morning I received a call from the doctor at the Lung Clinic. He started off by saying "I don't normally call, but I was just reviewing your tests results before sending them to your family doctor and your tests results are extremely concerning. Your lung function is very poor, you have very severe Asthma. I want you to see your family doctor today, to get on a puffer. I will also call your doctor to make sure you get in today." I was surprised, and thanked him for calling me so promptly. I called my doctor's office when they opened. I said "hey it's Jared calling." She replied with "hey I was just about to call you." They got me in that day, they scheduled me for 5:15 pm, fifteen minutes after they close.

I arrived at my doctor's office, the ladies working the front were super friendly and welcoming as always. I was taken too a room and my doctor showed up a few minutes later. He started off by saying "good thing we kept doing all those tests." I said "yes it is, it makes sense why I was so tired all the time." He gave me a prescription for two inhalers and I went to the Medicine Shoppe next door. Before I went to the Pharmacy I asked him could the Asthma because the weird numbness in my face and the weakness in my left arm and leg. He gave me a weird look and said "who knows, we will have to wait and see." I am assuming that is a probably not.

I love my pharmacist, he is amazing. He knows my name, remembers a lot about me. He asked me how my Vitamin D was doing, I told him after a year it is finally up to normal. He asked me why I was all of a sudden being prescribed inhalers. I told him about the fatigue and shortness of breath that I have been having since September. I told him about the breathing test and that it came back I have severe Asthma. He got the inhalers and showed me how to use them. He said you see the directions on them, I said yes, he said your not going to follow what the doctor told you. The doctor told you to take one to two puffs twice daily. I want you to take two puffs, four times daily for two weeks and then the one to two puffs twice daily. That way we can get the Asthma under control. He then wanted to update my file, to make sure everything was up to date and accurate. He printed off all the test results I've had done since August and went through them. He noticed my magnesium as on the lower side of normal, so he recommend I take a magnesium supplement. He's a great pharmacist.

I started taking the inhaler last night. I really hope it helps with the fatigue. I want my life back, I want to be able to hang out with my friends on a regular basis. I want to be able to work full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment